Armenian Filmmakers Sev Ohanian’s “Judas and the Black Messiah” & Madeline Sharafian “Burrow” have been nominated for the 93rd Oscars® (Academy Awards) for Best Picture and Best Animated Short Film.
Sev Ohanian’s “Judas and the Black Messiah” has been nominated for six Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
Madeline Sharafian’s “Burrow” has been nominated for Best Animated Short Film.
The 93rd Oscars will be held on Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 5pm PST, at Union Station Los Angeles and the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood.
The Oscar nominations 2021 are in as actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas (THE WHITE TIGER) and singer, songwriter and actor Nick Jonas (KINGDOM) announced the nominations for the 93rd Academy Awards this morning. Among the Oscar nominees 2021, MANK received the most nominations with 10, including nominations in the categories of Best Picture, Actor in a Leading Role, and Directing. Other Oscars nominees 2021 with multiple nominations include THE FATHER, JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH, MINARI, NOMADLAND, SOUND OF METAL and THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7 with six nominations each.
- The Father
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Promising Young Woman
- Sound of Metal
- The Trial of the Chicago 7
- Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Andra Day, The United States vs Billie Holiday
- Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
- Frances McDormand, Nomadland
- Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
- Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
- Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Sir Anthony Hopkins, The Father
- Gary Oldman, Mank
- Steven Yeun, Minari
Best animated short film
- Madeline Sharafian and Michael Capbarat, Burrow
- Adrien Mérigeau and Amaury Ovise, Genius Loci
- Will McCormack and Michael Govier, If Anything Happens I Love You
- Erick Oh, Opera
- Gísli Darri Halldórsson and Arnar Gunnarsson, Yes-People
The full list of nominees can be found here.